Venue & Hotel
PGDay Austin 2017 will be held on August 26th in Austin, TX at fibercove, a coworking, meeting, and event space in the South Lamar district of Austin, TX.
- 1700 S Lamar Blvd, Suite 338, Austin, TX 78704
Things to Do in Austin
- Ramen Tatsu-ya offers quick service of ramen, “the soul food of Japan,” with ramen and broth made fresh daily. Try the Tonkotsu Original, or the Mi-So-Hot if you want to spice it up. Also offers chicken shoyu broth and veggie ramen.
- Pinthouse Pizza South Lamar Brewpub makes everything in-house, by hand with locally sourced and organic ingredients when possible. The artisanal approach to their pizza mirrors the attention to the craft beer made in their award-winning brewhouse featuring both hop-forward ales and IPAs and rich, malty porter and stouts.
- Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar features new & classic films with cocktails, wine, and beer as well as creative fare served seat-side. Pop over to The Highball for a drink prior to a screening, or reserve a private Karaoke room with friends.
- Pick up some great local brews to take home at WhichCraft Beer Store, offering the largest craft beer selection in South Austin. Prefer wine? Aviary offers a great wine selection served in an unique setting, inside a home-goods boutique that transforms into a bar as the sun sets.
- Opened in 1990, The Saxon Pub is a live music venue offering nightly shows, including Austin national favorites such as Patrice Pike and Fastball. You can also find Patrice Pike and members of the nationally acclaimed band Vallejo just down the street at the One-2-One Bar.
- Want to hit the walking trails? Ladybird Lake offers miles of trails for walkers and cyclists alike, although with the high heat in August you’ll probably before being in the water. Bring your swimsuit and rent a canoe, kayak, or paddleboard at the Texas Rowing Center, or just take a dip in the crown jewel of Austin – Barton Springs Pool. This 3 acre pool has an average water temperature of 68-70 degrees year-round, as the pool is fed by underground springs from the Edwards Aquifer.
Recommended Hotels Nearby
- Extended Stay America (507 S 1st St, Austin, TX 78704)
- Hyatt Regency (208 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704)
Fibercove is located about 12 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA). Local rideshare options (as of 5/1/17) include Fasten and RideAustin; Wingz offers private airport transport. Lyft and Uber have returned to Austin as of June 2017, but we encourage your use of our local community providers.